Engineered-to-Order – Modular Force Transfer Standards, Always Custom Tailored to the Particular Application, up to 50MN and more
The transformer standard build-up series of the KTN-BU series are always designed as custom engineered-to-order solutions. The main benefits are comparatively low investment costs resulting from the multiplication of forces due to the traceability of machines and systems. The modular KTN-BU series consists of multiple force transducers of the high-precision force transfer standard series KTN-D – normally with three, nine or more high-precision transfer standards.
The build-up systems can be designed for precise high forces, are kinematically decoupled for better reproducibility, and are used for calibration of measuring equipment. The relatively small weights of the single components is a major advantage for the user. The large distance between the supports for the force transducers makes the system very resistant to mechanical interference. The build-up system also has advantages during installation and mounting, since instead of a single, very heavy sensor, several single lightweight components are mounted together.
Other custom, statically over determinate force transducer systems can be engineered to order for the customer, such as triple systems combined with a smaller fourth force transducer with mechanical overload protection as a two-stage reference system. In applications with limited space, build-up systems can also be set up as slim column force transducers.
Another area of application for the KTN-BU series is as a stationary reference transducer in machines for force measurement.
+ Key Facts
- Best-in-class transfer build-up system for compression forces
- Engineered to order for your application
- Nominal force range: up to 50 MN
- ISO376 precision class: 00
- Modular design with adapted measuring ranges
- Engineered to order – always 100% custom tailored to your requirements
- Always the best modular solution for your application
- Investment security due to long service life
- Cost-effective and user-friendly
- Build-up system based on best-in-class transfer standards
- Time-proven technology in National Metrological Institutes (NMI) for years